Saturday, October 25, 2008

Accomplishments

Our kids have had some exciting accomplishments in the last week.

Jacob learned how to swim! The last few times I have taken him swimming, he has been going under the water and kicking... he just needed to add the armstrokes. So we practiced big alligator arms and he did it! Especially being a swimmer my entire life, I was really excited.

The monkey bars. Jacob and Gavin were on a walk with my mom, while I stayed home with Casey. When they came back, my mom said, "I didn't know Jacob could go across the monkey bars." My reply was, "What? Are you serious?!" He has never even done a single monkey bar without our help. Apparently that night, he just whipped across them like he had been doing it forever. So I grabbed Jacob, Adam, and my camera and we ran to the playground. By the time we got there, it was pretty cold and dark. Jacob must have tired himself out with my mom because he got up and just hung there. Finally, he did one bar and dropped to the ground. He tried again and again, and eventually gave up. He said sadly, "Mommy, I went across the whole way with grammy and for you I did zero." I told him that his arms just got really tired from doing such a good job earlier and we could try again tomorrow. The next day, I saw it with my own eyes and was so proud.

Gavin drew his first recognizable picture. Is that a tie or Daddy's legs?


He also completed his first 70 piece puzzle. Seriously, we have some crazy puzzleness in our family! I don't know how they do it. I thought it was just a Jacob thing, but apparently Gavin has the crazy puzzleness in him as well. He was doing 24 piece puzzles so fast that he got out one of Jacob's puzzles. I told him that it was too hard, but he started putting it together and totally proved me wrong. So now we have two puzzle guys... it sure makes for a quiet house when they are both at work!

And little Casey has been flashing us some incredible smiles...

We also tried him in the Bumbo... but I don't think he's quite ready yet ;)

No comments: