Saturday, November 29, 2008

So, so thankful...

I am so, so thankful for many things. On Thanksgiving especially, I am thankful for family. We had the opportunity to see everyone this year, so that made it all the more wonderful.

Gavin. I couldn't love you any more. You remind me so much of your Daddy... I guess that's why I have a little crush on you. ;) Everyday, you make me smile with your laughter and cute way of saying everything. You are such a mommy's boy right now and I will cherish our cuddles forever.
Jacob. You are the smartest four year old I've ever known. As a first grade teacher, I am in awe of all of the things you are able to read and write. Your brain goes a mile a minute and I love that you are so curious about learning new things. I am such a proud mommy and wouldn't change a single thing about you.

Casey. Everyday I am with you, I feel so blessed that we made the decision to have three kids. Daddy made you laugh for the first time on Thanksgiving and I will always remember how sweet those soft giggles were. Thanks for being such a good baby.


Maddie. Especially with three boys, I am so lucky to have an adorable, special niece. If I ever have the need to buy cute dresses or braid hair, I have you. It means the world to me that you are so patient, playful, and loving to Jacob, Gavin, and Casey.


Travis. You are such a BOY! I can't wait to see what a great athlete you will be someday. I will always remember how cute you were when you jumped on your trampoline for the first time. Your smile can melt anyone's heart and my boys love playing with you.

Here we are on Thanksgiving, playing wii on the big screen. We also celebrated Christmas with my dad, since he will be in Hawaii for the next few months. Gavin couldn't have been more happy to bring Jessie home to Woody and Buzz. It's cute how much he plays with and loves her already. Jacob got the new tag reading system and I can't break him away from all of his new books!

We spent the day after Thanksgiving with Adam's side of the family. His dad really wanted an old-fashioned Christmas tree filled with handmade ornaments, so the boys had fun making his dream come true! There is an ornament for everyone in the family and pictures of each of the grandkids. It turned out really cute.


Doesn't Casey look so grown up in this picture?
One of our favorite traditions of Thanksgiving is getting out Santa Claus each year. Not only do the boys love pushing his button and dancing to the music, they were in for a surprise this year! We discovered that you can talk into a microphone and Santa's lips move along with whatever you are saying. Even though it was Daddy's voice, Gavin was convinced Santa was actually talking to him. He blushed and answered his questions in a timid little voice. Jacob answered his questions too, but kept looking around to see where Daddy was hiding with the microphone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!