Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy birthday baby!


So I fully admit, I'm a little on the sentimental side. My mom always made my birthday extra special each year and it meant the world to me. So now it means the world to me to make each birthday extra special for my boys. It was Jacob's 5th birthday today and watching his happy, excited little face was enough to fill up my heart forever.

Jacob came running down the stairs into our bed this morning because he had been counting down for days and he knew it was finally his birthday. We cuddled and sang to him before getting up and making crepes for breakfast. Then he helped me frost all of his cupcakes, pink for the girls and blue for the boys.

It wasn't long before it was time to head to Pump It Up. Thankfully, Adam is pretty comfortable in the snow so driving wasn't too scary. Bellingham just got too much snow though, so it wasn't safe for my sister and mom to come down. My sister and I have not missed a birthday of any of our kids ever, so that was a little bittersweet. We were determined to make the best of it though (since we weren't able to reschedule) and have a great time with whoever was able to come.

Here are some pictures of our afternoon. We all got right in there with our kids and had such a fun time. I will always have memories in my heart of how happy Jacob was. He was smiling from ear to ear, as if he just couldn't believe all of these huge inflatables were for just for him.

Gavin was having a great time also...
... until he lost his sock.
These giant boxing gloves were pretty entertaining. Jacob would barely touch his daddy, but Adam would pretend it was a huge hit and fly across the inflatable. I tried to take Adam down too, but apparently lacked a little in technique.
Cheese!


I love how excited he looks in anticipation of blowing out his candles!


By the end, they were very thirsty...
... and a little tired.

We ended our day at the RAM because Jacob knew he would get a free mud pie for dessert. Adam and I both unexpectedly teared up when they sang to him. His face just lit up and we were enjoying every minute of watching him. Casey even sat up by himself for the first time. (kind of ;)

When I tucked Jacob into bed, we cuddled and I let him listen to all of his happy birthday wishes and songs from family and friends on our voicemail. (The funny part was that he would respond to each person and wish them a happy birthday too) Then we talked for awhile.

J: Mommy, today made me very, very, VERY happy.
M: I'm so glad buddy. It made me very, very, VERY happy too. What was your favorite part?
J: Eating the cupcakes. What was your favorite part?
M: Sliding down the jumpy castles with you.
J: I liked jumping with you too mommy. That was my other favorite part.
M: Happy birthday sweet boy. I love you so so much.

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Yeah, the snow is pretty but I'll be happy when it is done. :o)

Happy Birthday to Jacob! What a special and fun day for him! He sure is a little sweetheart.