Monday, December 08, 2008

You're so smart buddy.

This is for my reference really, so I can look back and remember all of the things Jacob was doing at age 4.

Jacob knows what day of the week it is on any given day. He also likes to tell me what he will be doing each day of the week.
J: On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I go to preschool. On Wednesday, I go to Awana. On Sunday, I go to church. There are twelve days until my birthday and sixteen days until Christmas.

He can sound out almost any word with up to five letters in it. He's trying to figure out when the vowels are short and when they are long (with a silent e at the end). Getting out paper and writing words all by himself is one of his favorite things to do. Here is the paper that I talked about in our Christmas letter.
HOP INTO BED TRN OFF THE LIT YOU CAN HAF A PARDE IN YOUR SLEP TO(I think NIT is in a different spot). On the side, he wrote IS PJ TIME SHHHHHH GOOD NIT.


On this page, he wrote A-Z and NOW I NO MI ABC'S NIT TIM WOT YOU SEN WIF ME.

Jacob sounding out watermelon.

He also loves to practice writing numbers and solving math addition problems up to 10. On the first page, I wrote the first number/letter and he wrote the second one. The two pages after that he was writing numbers from 1 to 47 by himself. I think it's so funny that he tried to make the three lines to practice on!



One of the craziest things he likes to do is pick up mommy's book and count the pages one by one. I think there were four hundred pages! It took him almost an hour.

Here is a picture of our family! Daddy and Jacob are in the backyard, Gavin and Sy are in the side yard, and Mommy and Casey are in the front yard.

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

He is very smart! His work reminds me of our students at the beginning of the year..he will breeze right through first grade

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a smart boy!! Seriously, I am amazed...:o)