Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our spring break

It's hard to believe that it was two years ago when we were here on spring break. That means I have been blogging for two years, because our trip to Disneyland was my first post! I am so glad to see lots of my friends who are new moms starting up their own blogs now. It's been really fun to look back on our last two years and read about things the boys were doing that I never would've remembered otherwise. I wish I would've started when Jacob was a baby... but better late than never!

Anyway, our spring break started off with SNOW! Seriously, when has it ever snowed on spring break? I remember being shocked three years ago on March 9, when it snowed as we were driving to the hospital to have Gavin. Spring break though?! Crazy.

So we made the best of it, got on all of our snow gear once again, and made a snowman. Usually, we're lucky if we get to make one snowman each year, but I think this is our sixth or seventh! After stacking our snowballs, we decided to use fruit loops to make the eyes, mouth, and buttons. I couldn't help but laugh as Sy ran up to the snowman and was devouring the fruit loops as fast as we had put them on! I guess we've never used anything that he liked before... it was hilarious. Even funnier (to me), as he jumped up to eat the fruit loops, he ended up knocking the snowman over.


As you can see, Jacob didn't think it was so funny.

On the last few days of spring break, the sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful! Snowy days and hot days are my favorite... so that made it a good week. Since Adam was going to on a trip on Easter, we decided to celebrate early.

We dyed some Easter eggs...

Gavin started out with a spoon, then decided it was just easier to use his hand!
What do you do with hard-boiled eggs when nobody in your famiy likes them?

Then we went to the Daffodil parade...


Since it was such a nice day, we were able to have an Easter egg hunt in our backyard!




The boys had a great time looking for the eggs and it was extra fun that Jacob was able to find the hard ones!

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

what a great spring break! it is too funny that it went from snowing to hot and sunny within a week..gotta love WA! :)