Sunday, April 05, 2009

The good and the not so good

The good...
*I am so happy about all of this sunshine and that it is light out later so we can keep playing in it! Plus, Jacob always picks flowers for me in the spring which I think is absolutely adorable. And... Casey is finally big enough to go on the swing we bought for him last summer.
Hold on tight buddy!


*Jacob has been recently requesting to be woken up by Casey. So I have been laying little Case down next to him each morning. He wakes up with the biggest smile and squeezes Casey so tight.


*Today Jacob, Gavin, and Casey were all laying on their stomachs and playing... for a second, I got a glimpse of their future together.
*I am going to be a SAHM next year (hence, the life-changing decision we made in Hawaii). I am getting excited and will write more about it in another post.

The not so good...
*Gavin is not doing so hot with potty training. I think I might try underwear again tomorrow because wearing pull-ups has not been working! I'll just really have to stay on top of him since he is not telling me when he has to go. Between Gavin and Casey though, I feel like I am constantly changing diapers and I am SO ready for him to be done.
*I thought having three children was a piece of cake when Casey was born. Mostly because he was either nursing, sleeping, or cooing most of the time. Now that he is scooting around, putting everything in his mouth, down to two naps, and eating tons of baby food, it's getting a lot harder! (I am not a fan of the baby food stage by the way... I just don't have time to separately feed my kids anymore!)
*Adam is on military leave for three months, so it's back to ten days trips for a little while. He just left today and I miss him so much already. Everything is so much more work without someone to tag-team with. Thank goodness we figured out Skype, so I think that will help.

4 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

i hope that the not-so-goods get better! i can't imagine having 3 to take care of while my husband is away because it's hard enough with one. when i visit next week, i can come help you if you want. i will bring caffeine too!!

Tylertopia said...

Hang in there, Friend. You are a wonderful mommy! I know it must be so difficult balancing everything and without Adam there right now. You'll be in my prayers. :o)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

A SAHM! Wow! That's great! It can turn your world on its head, but if you continue to use other people (your mom! Friends) as outlets and for breaks, you'll be fine. I've done the opposite -- gone back to school after being a SAHM for 5 years -- and it's been an adjustement, too. I guess changes are always hard, but I'm excited for you! You'll love it.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

And isn't the video chat wonderful?!? I bet the boys love it!