Sunday, April 19, 2009

Look at me!

Casey and Gavin have hit some major milestones in the past few days. Casey has been scooting and rocking on all fours for a few weeks now, but finally figured out how to move his arms and legs in sync with each other on Easter. I don't know what it is with the holidays... laughing for the first time on Thanksgiving, cutting his first tooth on St. Patrick's Day, crawling on Easter. I guess there is a crowd watching so he feels pressure to do something special. Even though he has somewhat figured out crawling, he still uses his arms and legs to scoot where he wants to go. He can get across the room in a minute flat though so I really have to watch him!


Gavin decided to skip the tricycle stage altogether and go straight for Jacob's bike. He has been so stubborn on his tricycle, insisting on using his legs to walk the bike instead of pedal it. So he never learned how to pedal. When we put him on Jacob's bike, he couldn't reach the ground with his feet so he was forced to learn. He actually caught on pretty quickly and loves riding his big boy bike now.

As for potty training, we've finally had a breakthrough. I just wasn't holding out long enough when we put him in underwear. One accident and he was back in diapers. So I decided one day to put him in underwear until he was fully potty trained. We had a few accidents along the way, but I just put new underwear right back on. It took a few weeks, but was definitely worth it! No more diapers... thank goodness!

3 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Congratulations! Milestones are the reasons we blog about these babies, and it is so great to read how big the boys are getting. Casey is so adorable -- but I can't figure out -- who does he look like?

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I got to try the underware thing!!! It is potty training time, and my little one is not on board to say the least...
Could your boys be any cuter??!! I know I say that every time I write a comment-but seriously! They are darling!
I did the same thing with a little bike to teach my boys to ride-If they could touch the ground, the were willing to try!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

At first, I thought he looked like Gavin's baby pictures. Then after a few months, I thought he looked more like Jacob. Now I'm unsure. He kind of has Jacob's features, but bigger eyes.