Friday, September 26, 2008

Getting out

We couldn't have timed Casey's birth any better. His airline retired the MD-80 two days after he was born... so Adam has been able to have paternity leave until his training for the 737 began last Thursday. He has still been going to work at the squadron to keep up his currency for the military (he's getting promoted to major on October 1!), but he has been able to help out a lot with the kids.

That is changing quickly. He will be in training for the 737 until the end of November and his schedule is getting more packed by the day. My goal was just to make it through the day by myself, knowing he would be home before dinner to help and play with the boys. Now that it's turning into full-time, I decided that I would have to venture out with the three kids if I was going to keep my sanity.

Getting out of the house hasn't been too bad so far. If I time it right and Casey is sleeping, then I really just have the two boys to juggle. So we've been grocery shopping with Jacob and Gavin steering the cart and Casey in his car seat up top. Last night, I needed a break so we went to McDonald's to let Jacob and Gavin play while I held Casey. We've also been to several doctor appointments and parks to play.

We're making it so far... but I think it's going to be a LONG three months. Having the kids all day and all night is definitely a lot on my plate. We did buy a playset for the backyard from our neighbors though, so that definitely helps!


Since those pictures, Adam stained everything, built a roof for the top, and bought two new swings and a baby swing. Not bad, huh? It's almost like new!
Also, I took my friend to the So You Think You Can Dance tour at the Tacoma Dome for her birthday. It was so much fun to get out and see these incredible dancers in real life. We never have a night out without the kids, so we had a great time together.

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Your making me think back to how Brad deployed when Brooke was 4-8 months old. I think I've blocked that time out of my mind. I'm hoping and praying he'll be around the majority of the first year of this baby's life!

Anonymous said...

Nice play set and I am so happy you were able to go out with a friend and enjoy a fun night...and a nice break from the kiddos. Love your new header! Sooo cute! :o)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh, I remember the stress of getting out with both girls --I can't imagine doing it with three! You go girl. I can just see the boys trying to work together to push the basket! Oh, man. You are a brave momma!

And by the way, that playset is AWESOME! Here's hoping the rain holds off for a while so the boys can put it to good use!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

LOL.. I meant one of those carts that has a seat up front with two steering wheels for the boys. Not actually pushing it ~ that WOULD be crazy! ;)