Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sleepy baby








Casey still sleeps A LOT during the day. Thank goodness it doesn't keep him from sleeping during the night. :) One of my favorite things is falling asleep with him on my tummy. There are moments when I'm holding him close and can feel my heart melt a little. I think I'm trying to freeze time, even for a few seconds, because I know these precious moments won't last long.

Here are the many things I love about having a newborn.

1. How soft their skin is. I can't help but brush my cheek against Casey every chance I get.

2. Newborn feet. They are so cute, soft, and perfect when they've never been used! My friend took a picture of our wedding rings around Casey's little toes. Too adorable.

3. Someone once told me they loved the smell of baby breath. I never thought about it before, but I smelled Casey's breath... and she's right, it does smell pretty sweet.

4. When Casey stretches, his lips pucker out and his little eyebrows rise to the top of his forehead.

5. How he puts his tiny fist up against his cheek as he sleeps.

6. Their sucking instinct. I like watching it through the hole in his binky and when he drops the binky... and is still sucking.

7. When they shake their little head when nursing in order to latch on.

8. How Casey's legs automatically curl into his chest when I pick him up.

9. When they grab onto your big finger with their tiny fingers.

10. Casey will hiccup or sneeze and then have the cutest cooing sound afterward.

It seems like one day, you just realize they aren't doing these cute things anymore. You're not sure when it happened... so you have to soak it up while they're still doing it. :)

No comments: