Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back together again

Adam went to pick up Jacob and Gavin on Saturday, so our house went from quiet to chaotic very quickly. :) They didn't get home until 10:00 that night, so I'm not sure if the next day was due to coping with all of the change or just pure exhaustion. Probably both. Thank goodness Adam was home though because we had to deal with more than a few power struggles throughout the day.

The next morning went a lot more smoothly, but Gavin woke up after his nap with a fever and proceeded to throw up on me a few hours later. Niiice. A new baby, sick two-year old, and four-year old who needs more attention than ever.

So today was the first day that Adam went to work and I was all by myself. I don't necessarily feel like three children is a lot more work in itself. Casey is a really good baby and usually only cries when its time for him to eat. It's just that Jacob and Gavin can be pretty high maintenance all on their own, so adding a 30 minute feeding every three hours feels like a lot.

Here is a look at our busy day... I didn't want Jacob and Gavin to feel a lack of attention because of the baby, so I made extra effort to play with both of them. A lot.

8:00~ Both boys are up and head to the couch with Toodles and Shamu.
8:30~ Feed Casey.
9:00~ Make breakfast for Jacob and Gavin.
9:30~ Manage to do the dishes and get one load of laundry folded while the boys play.
10:30~ Give the boys a bath since I didn't get a chance the night before.
11:00~ Feed Casey.
11:30~ Make lunch for Jacob and Gavin.
12:00~ Read stories with Gavin on his leap pad.
12:30~ Put Gavin to bed for a nap and lay down for a few minutes while Jacob quietly plays.
1:30~ Realize that Gavin is not going to nap today, so I let him get up.
2:00~ Feed Casey.
2:30~ Gavin gets out dinosaur stamps, so I help Jacob and Gavin make a picture with them.
3:30~ Get kids in their swimming suits and let them splash in the pool.
4:30~ Start getting dinner ready.
5:00~ Adam and the boys eat while I nurse Casey.
5:30~ Adam takes Gavin and goes to the store to get the final supplies for our sprinkler system.
6:00~ Talk to my job share partner on the phone to find out how open house went.
6:30~ Lay Casey on a blanket and take lots of pictures.
7:30~ Feed Casey.
8:00~ Put everyone to bed and collapse on the couch.
8:30~ Adam takes me outside to show me his backyard version of the Bellagio, each sprinkler set to come on at a different time. He did it... I was so impressed!

So life is a little crazy... I guess it always was, it might just be a little bit more now. But I love my three boys and wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: