Thursday, September 11, 2008

An eventful morning

So this morning was not what I expected it to be. I thought we would have a relaxing morning, make breakfast, play together, and maybe go to the park or something. It turned into a trip to the doctor's office for Jacob and almost for Casey too.

The story began on Monday, right before we went to the fair. Adam was coming up the driveway on his motorcycle and Jacob ran out to greet him. All of a sudden, he was crying and we saw that he had scraped his leg on the motorcycle. I thought he had burned his leg for a second, but Adam was pretty sure he just scraped it. So Jacob ran upstairs to get a Scooby-doo bandaid and we left for the fair.

Yesterday, I noticed that his leg looked pretty bruised around his bandaid. I thought it was odd so I pulled off the bandaid, and this is what I saw...

It took everything inside not to completely panic. A little scratch turned into this?! I immediately made an appointment at Woodcreek and got the boys in the car. On the way out, I gave them each a bag of pretzels to eat. As I'm driving, I hear little Gavin's voice. "Cas-ey eat prezzel. YUMMEE!" Oh no... he did not just feed him a pretzel?! I pulled over to the side of the road and found that there was indeed a goldfish pretzel that filled up Casey's entire mouth. How scary is that?! I guess at least I learned a lesson not to give the boys any sort of food or candy in the car anymore.

The pediatrician gave Jacob some burn ointment and an antibiotic. That way, he was covered whether it was a burn or an infection. So hopefully, it gets better soon. What a day!

No comments: