Saturday, September 06, 2008

Check-up


So I'm getting the hang of being a mom of three. Although my mom and grandma were here the last two days, so that really helped. Today Casey and Gavin took a four hour nap at the same time and it was the most peaceful afternoon ever. My vote is for the simultaneous nap everyday... or at least once a week would be greatly appreciated. ;) I have to admit, I am WAY too scared to go anywhere in public with three kids yet. I know it's only a matter of time, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. I can wait until Adam gets home to run errands, right? ;)

Here is the latest with our three boys...

Casey ~ has decided that the bassinet is no longer working for him. We had been swaddling and putting him in the bassinet in-between feedings at night and it seemed to be going well... until a few nights ago. He would cry, we would give him his binky, it would fall out five minutes later, he would cry, we would give him his binky, it would fall out again. We realized that when we lay him to nap in his boppy during the day, he loves it. So last night, we put him in his boppy to sleep and it worked like a charm!

Gavin ~ has been really good with Casey, considering he is two. The only mishap was when I was talking on the phone and noticed that he was piling books on top of Casey in his bassinet. He just thought he was being a super good boy to share his books. ;) Although he has been acting up a little bit more than usual since Casey has been home, all-in-all he is handling all of the changes pretty well.

Jacob ~ is fascinated with Casey and loves to kiss and hold him. For the most part, he tries to be gentle but sometimes he gets excited and ends up being a little too rough. His all-around behavior is incredible though, which I am extremely grateful for. I have to add a few funny things he has been saying lately:

*Singing ~ This Little Light of Mine ~
(Combining don't let Satan blow it out and let it shine 'til Jesus comes) "Don't let Satan Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine!"

*When I was at the hospital, all I could eat was ice after Casey was just born. So when Jacob was at his grammy's house a few days later, he asked what I was doing (on the phone). I told him that I was eating dinner. He said, "Ohhh. You're eating ice?"

*Jacob loves learning the names of our states and has a state puzzle that he is always putting together. The other night when we were eating dinner, he held up his chicken nugget and exclaimed, "Look Mommy! It's Georgia!" I was amazed to see that it actually was the shape of Georgia. Only our son... seriously.

*Our upstairs loft looks out onto our living room, so Adam and I will throw things up to each other so we don't have to go up the stairs. I know, pretty lazy huh? Anyway, Jacob was asking where his Shamu was when we were tucking him in. I told him not to worry, that I would go downstairs and throw him up. He looked at me with big eyes and said, "Mommy! Don't throw up Shamu!"

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

LOL. Jacob is such a funny little guy (and SMART). I love reading about all his cute sayings and doings.

Awww, look at little Casey. So cute! Hopefully you will get more simultaneous naps soon. It's so nice how Gavin is already wanting to share with his baby brother...and he is only 2! What a sweet boy.

Glad to see things are going well. I'm sure when you are ready to venture out on your own with all 3 boys you will do wonderfully!:o) I don't blame you for waiting until absolutely necessary though. I know I would do the same thing.