Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I Always Want to Remember...

*Yesterday I felt terrible. I had a fever and with Adam out of town, it took everything inside of me just to take care of my kids. After putting Casey to bed, I layed down on the couch upstairs while Jacob and Gavin were playing with their Subway sandwich kit. I heard Gavin call out that he had to go potty, so I peeked downstairs to make sure he was OK. What I saw was Jacob coming up the stairs. He had made a perfect tray of sandwiches and desserts for his mommy. Unfortunately, he had piled the sandwiches so high that they kept spilling every few stairs. He was determined to make it though, so he patiently stacked each sandwich back up and continued his journey. It took him about 10 minutes just to get up to where I was. Finally at the top, he layed down on his stomach and pushed the tray to me so it wouldn't fall again. I scooped him up in my arms with tears in my eyes and told him how happy he had made me. Then I kept spilling over about how much I loved him and how sweet it was to make me dinner when I was sick. I couldn't help but think about Adam telling Jacob that he is the biggest boy in the house when Daddy is gone. So he had to help take care of mommy and his brothers for Daddy. It makes me so proud to know that Jacob has the bestest little heart. I don't think anything could mean more.

*We have a small group bible study on Tuesday nights so a sitter comes over to watch the boys for us. Jacob is pretty set on us having a curfew of nine o'clock though. He always makes sure to ask before we leave if we will be home at nine zero zero. After the sitter puts them to bed, Jacob usually waits with his eyes wide open until we get home. This night though, he accidentally fell asleep. When he woke up and we weren't home yet, he was scared and really upset. The sitter told us what had happened so we went upstairs to see him. Jacob was crying and clutched onto me with everything in his little being. Through his sniffles he said, "Mommy, I just missed you so much!" It was such a special night because I just sat there hugging him forever. He just really wanted his mommy. I could feel how much he loved and needed me... just like I love and need him.

The things I always want to remember about Gavin and Casey are short and sweet.

*Gavin loves to hug and cuddle. The thing that really makes me melt is that whenever he hugs me, he gently pats me on the back. As if he is trying to console me or something. I love it.

*I love Casey's dimples. Dimples have always been my weakness... they are SO cute. So my favorite thing is when Casey is sucking on his binky and smiles. All you can see are his adorable little dimples.

*Adam taught Casey how to do baby bonks. He has always bonked heads with Jacob and Gavin and now he softly gives Casey little bonks. Casey is so used to it that whenever anyone gets nears his face, he gives them a little bonk. It's really cute.

*Another thing the melts my heart is when I am nursing Casey and he takes his little hand and presses it on my tummy or reaches up to touch my arm or grab my fingers. These precious moments don't last very long, so I am trying to soak them up!

3 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

jacob is such a thoughtful boy! you have some great kiddos. i would be proud too. get better.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

How sweet is that sandwich story-I love those special moments-:)
All of them you mentioned are so darling-Thanks for sharing...

Michelle A said...

You guys are such wonderful parents. It shows on how thoughtful Jacob is and how sweet Gavin and Casey are! Thank you so much for sharing. You almost make me cry :) XOXO