Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Las Vegas

Adam and I have rarely gone away on vacation without our boys. Needless to say, it usually feels like we need a vacation from our vacation when we get back. :) So our trip to Las Vegas by ourselves was almost too easy...

I especially noticed it at the airport. Usually we have so many suitcases, car seats, and strollers that we can hardly juggle it all, let alone take everything through security. I kept thinking of everything I would usually pack for them... how we would pick out restaurants based on what they would eat... how many snacks and movies I needed in order to entertain them on the airplane... and all of this on top of the fact that we usually fly standby. So here we were with one backpack, our hands empty, confirmed tickets, and pure peacefulness. It was almost eerie, but I was very grateful for ease of it all.

How funny it is that this was the plane we took to Las Vegas?!

I loved that we were able to go with my sister and her husband. They are so much fun to hang out with and can naturally turn any conversation into a fit of laughter. The first night we saw Criss Angel perform. Since we bought our tickets minutes before the show, we were able to get second row seats for half price! After that, we found an Irish bar with a table right next to the band. (David is Irish so he was in heaven. :) It wasn't long before the place was packed and people were surrounding us, singing and clapping to the beat. It was so much fun to just sit back and soak it all in.




The next morning, we found a Starbucks right next to a place that made every kind of crepe you could dream up. Since my sister and I have a tradition of making these at home, it was fun to find a place that served them for breakfast. :)

We spent the day walking around and exploring the hotels.



That evening, Adam and I went up to the 64th floor of our hotel and saw the most amazing view I have ever seen in my life. At first we just thought it was a window view, but then we found the door that lead outside. The entire strip was right before our eyes... with nothing between us except a railing at my shoulders. I can't even describe how breathtaking it was.



We ended the night with a hypnotist show that was so funny we almost came back the next night to see it again. I was cracking up just watching how hard Adam was cracking up. :)

The next day was Valentine's Day. My sister and I started it off with a hot stone massage and chatting it up in their sauna and hot tub. We had made an early dinner with our hubbies at P.F. Chang's (my favorite restaurant of all time). Then we headed to the Wynn to see Garth Brooks.


Garth Brooks took all of my expectations and blew them out of the theater. He was that amazing. He started off by describing his childhood and the songs that inspired him and his family along the way. The best and most unexpected part was that he would sing them. It was so entertaining to hear him belt out songs like Mrs. Robinson, I heard it through the Grapevine, American Pie, and the Piano Man. No, pictures weren't allowed... but when everyone else started getting out their camera, I couldn't help but get mine out too. :)



He was getting standing ovations before he even got to his own songs. To our surprised, he even introduced his wife Trisha Yearwood to the stage and they sang together. Then he performed some of my favorites like Unanswered Prayers, The River, The Dance, and Two of a Kind. I had goosebumps almost through the entire concert... it was so surreal. (Leave it to me to use my water bottle as a microphone when I was singing along.) My favorite moment of the night though was when he took off his guitar in the middle of Shameless and sang it a cappella. It literally takes my breath away just thinking about it.

So all in all, it was an amazing weekend that I will never forget. I'm so glad Adam, my sister, and her husband were there to share it all with. I kind of got used to the relaxing, carefree schedule of it all. So my system was a little shocked to come home to the everyday chaos that occurs with three little boys. I definitely missed them, but it was really good to have that time with my husband for a few days. I think it's so important to just get away from it all and be together every now and then. :)

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

I am glad you enjoyed your vacation. It sounds like you all had a blast! I am jealous that you went to the Garth Brooks concert.

Crystal said...

did anyone get in trouble for taking pictures? Did they not check your purse or anything before you went in? I'm going in September!