Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mommy's boys

We were in the car yesterday, when Adam suddenly shouted, "Who loves Mommy?" All the boys enthusiastically responded, "I DO!" Then Jacob added, "I love mommy the most in the world." Gavin (who likes to argue with everything Jacob says) countered, "NO. I love mommy da most in da whirl."

Then Adam said, "Who loves Daddy?!" Gavin yelled out, "Jacob does!" So Jacob said, "Yes, but I love mommy more." (He says this a lot so I'm trying to convince him that he doesn't have to pick one of us... he can love us both the same. :)

When Adam asked who loves Jacob, we both yelled out together, "I DO!" After thinking a few seconds, Gavin shouted out, "I do!"

Of course, then came Gavin's turn. Adam and I both yelled again, "I DO!" Jacob said he did too and added, "Gavin is smart." I was cracking up because Gavin (purely wanting to disagree with Jacob) said, "NO! I NOT SMART!"

Finally, it was Casey's turn. In unison, without any pause whatsoever, everyone in our family shouted, "I DO!!!" Apparently, he isn't old enough to make his brothers upset yet. :)

I have always heard that when girls are little, they are daddy's girls and when boys are little, they are mommy's boys. This is definitely the case at our house. Every time I ask who wants to go with mommy, they all want to. Whenever we sit at a restaurant, they argue over who gets to sit by my side. When I leave for any reason, Casey is in tears and the older boys try to convince me to stay (or to take them too).

Don't get me wrong, Adam is an amazing dad. The perfect dad for little boys even. He wrestles with them, takes them on bike rides, flies his model airplane, chases them around the house, and fills them with hugs and kisses. They truly have no reason to pick me over him. I think they are just mommy's boys at this point in their lives... so I will soak in every minute while I still can. :)

2 comments:

Oh Joy said...

My boys are mommy's boys too! And, like you, I am trying to soak it all up while it lasts!! It's fun to read your blog and stay up on your sweet family!

Wendi said...

I love that Gavin argued with him about being smart. Too funny!!