Friday, February 05, 2010

Some drawings and sayings

Jacob has been drawing some really fun pictures lately. He likes to make giant ones, (probably because the girl from Monsters and Aliens is giant :) so he will take three pieces of paper and tape them all together. Since they are too big to display on our refrigerator, he came up with the solution of taping them to our walls... which I'm totally okay with. :)

Most of his pictures have been from the movie Monsters and Aliens. Sometimes he adds our tiny family at the bottom so you can see just how big the characters are.

This one is Max and Ruby, one of his favorite shows. He had his daddy pause the television so he could see just what they looked like for his drawing. :) He crossed out Max, because apparently Max is a bad bunny.


There are also some things Jacob has been saying that I thought were pretty cute.

*The other day, he looked curiously at Casey toddling around and asked, "Can babies think?"

*I've realized that after spending so much time with his mommy at home, he is starting to talk like me. ;) We were working on a puzzle together when Jacob asked, "Mommy, do you love Mrs. Dent?" I replied that I really liked Mrs. Dent, but I didn't love her. Then he asked if I loved his grammy. I said that his grammy is my mommy so yes, I love her a lot. Then he smiled and said, "Oh mommy, that's the sweetest!"

*The other day Gavin was in time-out. He has heard me have the "time-out" conversation so many times that he decided to take it on for me. :) It went like this. "Gavin tell me why you are in time-out. Pause. You don't know? Pause. It's because you hit. Pause. Are you going to do that again? No? Good. Pause. No getting out yet."

*We were making chocolate chip cookies when Jacob plugged his nose. When I asked why he was plugging his nose, Jacob said it was because he didn't want to smell the butter. :)

*Before we went to the Great Wolf Lodge for Jacob's birthday, he kept inviting all of his friends from school. I told him that we were just going as a family to the Wolf Lodge because it costs a lot of money. Next thing I know, he is asking his friends... "Do you have a lot of money? Okay, do you want to come to the Wolf Lodge with me?!"