Saturday, March 06, 2010

Nowhere to be Found

It's funny how when you are really prepared for something... it doesn't happen. Last year, it snowed at least seven different times. I know this because I helped the boys make at least seven different snowmen. It even snowed on Gavin's birthday in March! Last year, I wasn't prepared. I was one of those moms who ran to the store only to find that the shelves were wiped clean of everything related to snow. So this year I was ready. In October, I had snowsuits, boots, hats, and gloves for all three boys. The only problem? Snow has been nowhere to be found.

So we drove to the snow. Oh yes. I was going to get at least one use out of all this snow gear before they outgrow it next year. *Sigh* At least the benefit of having three boys is that they will all become brand new hand-me-downs.

They have a really fun tubing hill on Snoqualmie Pass that we decided to try out. I was shocked to see that Jacob (with extra encouragement from his Daddy) was brave enough to go down the hill by himself! (Seriously, I was scared of going down that hill all by myself!) This made it a lot easier because we could take Gavin and Casey on our laps at the same time. I wish I had thought to take some pictures with my cell phone, especially of the boys all being towed up the hill together. :) I got some before and after shots though.




1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

I am waiting to take Payton in the snow and can't wait!! I am glad you had a fun day. We need to get together soon. Give me a call when you get a chance.