Monday, November 15, 2010

Sometimes life is hard...

These pictures were taken in our backyard (Gavin was upset that Casey got sand in his hair :).
This little guy had some tears last night that broke his mommy's heart though.  Adam always bundles the boys up on his lap to tell them that he is leaving the next morning.  They usually do really well being brave while their mommy tears up in the background.  They definitely miss their daddy when he is gone though and ask about him constantly.  Casey even starting searching the house during the last trip, as if his daddy was hiding somewhere.  Finally he looked up at me with his big blue eyes and asked, "Where Daddy go?"

Last night, Gavin cuddled on his daddy's lap extra long before going to bed.  After praying together as a family, he suddenly choked up and said, "I want Daddy to stay."  Then he buried his head into the pillow and started bawling.  The kind where you sound like you are hyperventilating with sadness.  I held him in my arms, and it took everything in me not to cry along with him.

We are hoping that Adam will be back to flying for his airline in the next few months and we won't have these sad nights for too much longer.   Because life at home just isn't the same without Daddy around.   A piece of our family is missing, and with that, a piece of joy and laughter is missing as well.   On a positive note, it also means that we don't take our time as a family for granted.  Plus, I always have the homecoming day to look forward to.  The day when Adam comes through the front door, and you can hear the pitter-patter of little feet as he swoops us all into his arms.  That is a joyful day for sure... this time filled with tears of happiness.

2 comments:

Heather Mattos said...

I am tearing up just reading this. I know how hard it is for the hubby to be away and it is not easy. I hope that the airline position works out and that your family can be together more often. hang in there.

Organized Chaos said...

Feeling your pain! Sometimes I don't know if fighting back my own tears is the best route or if I should just bawl with them...frequently the second one happens anyway so I guess I shoul just go with the moment.