Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kauai

Unfortunately, it rained the entire time we were in Kauai... but I guess it has to rain every now and then to keep this place so lush and beautiful.  :)  Our first stop was at the Spouting Horn, on the south end of the island.
 Leave it to my husband to stand a little too close and make me nervous...  especially when he told me later that the spouting hole was about eight feet deep.  I don't even want to think about what would happen if you accidentally fell in.
 Hanalei Bay

 This is the beach from a scene in South Pacific, where she "washed that man right out of her hair!"
 We decided we would embrace the rain and go for a hike.  We made it four miles along the Napali Coast... which you can only see from the air, water, or if you hike it.   It was a tough hike and I have to say, I'm glad it was raining (even if I was completely drenched from head to foot.)  The rain cooled you off as you hiked, but the weather was still warm so it wasn't miserable at all.   I loved it.  I wish I had a picture of how muddy we were by the time we were done!

We saw the most amazing views that I have ever seen (even if the wet, slippery trail was a little scary).  I remember stopping at some points and just staring in awe at the nature surrounding me.   



 We finally made it to the little beach!




 Taking in the beauty of God's nature on the way back.


 Watching the Napali Coast go by from the ship, later that afternoon


We were supposed to go on a helicopter tour in Kauai, but it was cancelled due to the rain.  Sad.  :(  At least we picked up a video so we can pretend that we saw it all, right?

No comments: