Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maui

When we woke up the next morning, we were in Maui.  This is the island we know best, so we decided to get a rental car and go to all of our favorite places!  My dad and stepmom also have a condo here, so we were more than excited to spend time with them!

 We spent the afternoon walking through Lahaina together.  This Banyan tree was planted in 1873 and now covers 2/3 of an acre!


 We had a fun time hanging around on it.  ;)


 Then we headed up to my favorite beach in Ka'anapali, where we were able to just lay back and watch the sunset.  




We have been to this beach several times at sunset, but somehow always seemed to miss this famous cliff jumping procession.

 The next day, we attempted to boogie board at Makena Beach... but the weather wasn't fully cooperating with us.

 I love my dad.  It was so cute to watch him play in the ocean.
  My stepmom told me that each time a wave crashes, my dad's arms come up... just like my grandpa used to do. 

No comments: