Friday, February 18, 2011

Cruising Life/Our Last Day

I love cruising life.  It probably has something to do with being an extravert, but how fun is it to have entertainment waiting around every corner?  Fun, I tell you!  There was comedy, improvisation, magic shows, karaoke, dancing, music, wine tasting... what more can you ask for?  A magazine was on our bed each evening telling us all about the fun things they had going on the next day.
Plus, we always came home to a neatly made bed and the most adorable little pillow animals.  ;)


And my personal favorite...
 Adam was actually called up to be a part of the magic show.  The magician needed someone's shoe... and well, you throw up a shoe and the entire show becomes centered around you!
 This is Murray.  You might recognize him because he was the winner of America's Got Talent.
 Adam picked a card, they were thrown up into the air, and somehow Murray caught the exact card Adam chose on his sword.  Crazy.

 He did finally get his shoe back at the end of the show too.  :)
 The restaurants on our ship were amazing.  I was scared to see how much weight I had gained when I got home.  The thing about everything being included is... you always end up ordering an appetizer or two, a few main dishes, and you definitely leave room for dessert!  It was so much fun to order whatever we wanted and not have to worry about the bill.  Another thing we loved was room service.  Whenever you wanted, whatever you wanted, delivered to your room in thirty minutes.  Seriously?  Seriously?!!!!


 I taught Adam how to play chess on this life-size playing board...
 ...and we don't have any pictures, but we spent A LOT of time in the hot tub.  :)


The good news was, our weather was gorgeous on the last day.  The bad news was, I got really sick.  Adam went out to surf in the ocean and I was getting more feverish by the minute on the beach.  


 They upgraded our room to a honeymoon suite, which had an amazing view.

 Sadly, I didn't get the chance to enjoy it very much because I was chilled under the blankets.  Finally, I decided I wasn't going to let this last day slip away from under my fingers.  I took some Ibuprofin and we went out for our final dinner at sunset.

We really missed our boys and were so so so SO happy to come home and see them, but it was definitely bittersweet to leave Hawaii.  It was one of those vacations that will make my heart smile whenever memories come rushing back.  One where you wish you could just close your eyes and be back there.  One that you can only hope you will do again someday.

No comments: