Sunday, April 03, 2011

Random Things...

Just thought I would share some random things about our life...

  • Jacob has been playing with this little boy Ean at school everyday.  One day, I stopped by to visit at recess and they were begging me to set up a playdate for them.  Ean was saying that he thought his phone number had a 0 and a 2 in it.  Then Jacob would say, "See mom?  It's only two numbers.  That's easy to remember!"  I laughed and told them I would write Ean's mom a note and try to set something up.  So Jacob went over there today and it was the cutest thing ever!  They immediately hugged each other and said things like, "I've missed you so much!  I was waiting and waiting for your car to pull into our driveway!  Let's have a playdate again tomorrow!  I really REALLY hope we are in the same class in second grade!  I can't wait to see you on Monday!"  True friendship... it really is the sweetest thing.
  • I registered Gavin for kindergarten last week.  The fact that he will be in kindergarten next year freaks me out even more than when I registered Jacob.  Does it really get harder with each kid?
  • Jacob lost his other front tooth yesterday.  We were sitting at dinner and he exclaimed, "Mommy!  Now I look just like Gavin!"  Almost two years ago on this post I talked about getting pictures of them together with their missing teeth someday.  That day has finally come!
  • I'm making the switch from scrapbooks to photobooks and I'm totally excited about it.  I played around with it tonight and it definitely has the potential to be super cute and way less time consuming.
  • I feel like I've been easily distracted lately, so I am trying to prioritize more of my time to reading the bible and Christian books.  Our small group has been reading Crazy Love and Forgotten God by Francis Chan.  They have been very inspirational and mind-provoking... I highly recommend both of them!  I also have heard amazing things about a book called Radical by David Platt, so I just bought that and am really excited to read it.
  • My boys love vegetables.  Tonight I was clearing the table (because I thought they were finished) and Gavin started crying.  When I asked him which part of dinner he was so upset that I threw away, he said, "The broccoli!"  So funny.  :)
  • Jacob does not want to go back to school tomorrow... :(  He is bawling that spring break is over and the only thing that seems to console him is the countdown to summer break.
  • Gavin is starting up teeball next week with some buddies from preschool.  I am definitely more excited than he is, as I am friends with all of their mommies.  We are going to do swim lessons this spring as well so I'm pretty sure that's enough to keep me busy!
  • I love the show Parenthood.  Even if I cry every single episode.
  • The things I do to stay busy during the week keep me so refreshed and happy!  Zumba, Little Gym, MOPS, and volunteering in Jacob's classroom are all the BEST.
  • It's hard to believe, but I have been writing on this blog for four years now!  I'm not sure who reads it anymore (other than family and a few close friends).  The main purpose of this blog is really just to record as many moments as I can with my boys, but it's always fun to read comments!

1 comment:

Michelle A said...

I read it! :)