Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break

 Jacob really wanted to spend spring break with his cousins, so we made the trip up north for a few days.  It worked out really well because their cousins have spring break next week, but Travis happened to have a few days off from Kindergarten.  Now that Maddie, Travis, and Jacob are all in school, time spent together is even more precious!

So we started off at Jungle Playland, where Jacob celebrated his fourth birthday.  Casey was a little too timid to climb up in the playland area with the big kids, so he stuck with the cars and games.
 Peeking out the monkey
 

 Hi- YAH!
 Timing the slide all together just right...
The rock wall
 Grammy really wanted a picture together with her "boys".  I'm a little shocked at how well they cooperated!
 My boys and their cousin Travis!

 His facial expressions crack me up!

 Wait!  Don't go yet...
 Grammy wants a picture!
 Ice cream!

 Maddie is a little distraught that her baby cousin is growing up.  She used to rock him, feed him, read stories to him, cuddle with him, carry him everywhere she went... and just can't figure out why he isn't interested anymore.  I tried to explain that he is just "two" and wants to do everything by himself now. Then she gives me this sigh of disappointment that breaks my heart.  :(
 We celebrated my mom's birthday.  Casey was more than happy to help her blow out the candles.  He kept saying, "Grammy bir-bay!  Happy bir-bay!  Grammy blow da candles!"
 Grammy with her one and only girl!  (Later that night, I was looking at picture books with my sister of when Maddie was a toddler.  I can't believe how grown up she is now... so beautiful inside and out too!  It was funny to see all the pictures of me before I had my boys.  I can't even remember life without them... whatever did I do with all that spare time?  Apparently, I spent it with my niece!)
 The next day, we went roller skating. 
 Travis and Jacob could do pretty well on their own, so my mom and I stuck with Gavin and Casey.
 This little nephew of mine cracks me up.  He was practically running on his skates!  What a determined little guy... even though he crashed repeatedly, within seconds he'd be right back up and running again.  :)
Grammy and Gavin
 Me and my Jakey.
 This roller skating stuff is hard work.
 Jacob is more than excited to be on spring break!  Especially the part where you sleep in everyday and don't have any homework.  ;)   He has been a super lucky boy with a fun place or playdate scheduled each day this week!

No comments: