Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gavin's birthday

Gavin had a super special 5th birthday.  Actually, it kind of cracks me up how different he is than Jacob though.  Jacob is my boy who counts down to his birthday for days, sings birthday songs to himself, is bursting with excitement every second of his special day, and is devastated with tears when it has come to an end.   Gavin, following his daddy's mellow personality, is just really calm about it all.  Sure he asks how many days there are until his birthday and responds with, "Okay mommy" when you tell him.  When I asked him today if it was his birthday, he would say, "Yes, mommy."  You could definitely see this inner glow of excitement and pride, it was all just contained about 350% more than his big brother.

His Grammy drove down to spend his birthday with him and delivered presents first thing in the morning.
Gavin's request for breakfast was waffles with strawberries and whip cream, so Casey helped me make them.
Presents and waffles = one happy boy!
It was his special day at preschool and since my mom was at home with Casey, I got to volunteer!
Chapel.  I will always love and miss this about Cascade Christian preschool.  Singing songs about God, bible stories re-enacted, and praying together.  It's the best!
Upside-down CHEESE!
Sharing birthday cupcakes with his preschool friends.
Mmmmmm...!
Mommy stopped for a coffee on the way home and look what they made for Gavin!
Chocolate milk, whip cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and a sucker.  What more could a birthday boy ask for?
After lunch, I took Jacob and Gavin to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  (I told Gavin he could go with mommy all by himself or he could bring Jacob.  He said he wanted to bring Jacob.  :)
I am so grateful to my mom... I would never have been able to do all of the things to make Gavin's day extra special without her!
We went to Red Robin for dinner...
... and came home to open more presents!  Another thing I find so endearing about Gavin is how much he appreciates each and every present.  He methodically opens each one and just glows with happiness no matter what it is.  I love watching him.
Gavin is obsessed with legos... and Toy Story.  So you can imagine how much he loves Toy Story legos!
I can't believe how quickly he caught on.  He just takes one step at a time, follows the directions to perfection, and quietly works until the masterpiece is finished!  I was amazed!
Blowing out five candles one last time...

And, well you know... Casey just really wanted to blow out a candle too.  ;)


1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I can't see any of your pictures for some reason...just empty boxes. But it sounds like it was a fun day...hard to believe he and Brooke are 5!