Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Mother's Day

We will be out of town for Mother's Day this year so I was really happy that my mom and grandma could stop by on their drive home from Arizona.  My grandma lives there about eight months out of the year, so it was amazing to see her again.  Doesn't she look incredible for 84?  I sure hope I inherited those genes!

 It warmed my heart to see my boys jump right on her lap to read a story!
 Casey loves listening to his big brother read!
 Gavin is just learning how to read and able to sound out new words everyday!  I'm super proud of him.  :)

  Today Jacob had a Mother's Day program in his class.  Sweetest thing ever.  He broke out into a huge smile and couldn't stop waving when he saw me.  They read poems, drew pictures, and wrote the most important things about their mom.
 (So apparently, cookies are the way to my son's heart?  ;)

He also wrote a paper called the top 10 reasons I love my mom...
10.  I love my mom because she reads me Magic Treehouse.
9.  I love my mom because she helps me cook pancakes.
8.  I love my mom when she makes me laugh by telling me jokes.
7.  I love my mom because she taught me how to make a garden.
6.  I love to hear my mom sing row row row your boat.
5.  I love my mom because she finds time to come to my school.
4.  I know my mom cares because she loves me a lot and she made me a garden.
3.  I know my mom is smart because she can ride a bike.
2.  I love my mom because she works so hard to turn on the wii.  (Ha!  This totally cracked me up!)
1.  I love my mom because she's the best mom ever.
Oh, how I LOVE this boy!

No comments: