Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Meeting the Teachers

We took Jacob and Gavin to meet their teachers today and they are both very excited for their first day of school! 

Jacob got the teacher I was really hoping he would get.  I used to teach with her and I know firsthand how great she is.  When I introduced them, he shyly said, "My mommy says you are a really REALLY good teacher."  To which she responded gleefully, "She did?!  Well that makes your mommy my new BFF!"
 Jacob and Mrs. Dornan
During open house, she talked about how there won't be a lot of homework in second grade.  That kids need to be kids and play outside, spend time with family, etc. after school.  Adam has a strong opinion about this as well so he pretty much agrees that Mrs. Dornan is the best teacher in the world.

Gavin was pretty excited to meet his teacher and see his classroom too!
  Since this was Jacob's kindergarten class, he took pride in pulling Gavin all around the room to show him around.  First, he introduced him to the pet turtle.
 Then he showed him the play area.
 They found his cubby and his birthday candle.
  Casey found the listening center and thought it was pretty fun.

 Gavin and Mrs. Dent!
 I'm going to miss you while you are at school buddy!  Hope you have the best first day of kindergarten ever.






No comments: