Sunday, October 09, 2011

A Rainy Day

 I'm a little sad that summer has so quickly turned to fall... that it's getting dark shortly after dinner... that we had to pull our boat out of the water... that the weather forecast is rain as far as we can see.  Thank goodness for the seasons though... for pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin patches... for beautiful colored leaves and the smell of applesauce in the crockpot... for a glimpse of Christmas decorations and traditions to look forward to.  Because this is what keeps me going when the sunshine is nowhere to be found.

I have to get a little creative on these rainy days, especially when my husband is out-of-town.
 I think I mentioned that all three of my boys LOVE crafts.  However, it always seems that we don't have the supplies laying around to make the crafts they find.  So I found these little craft animals at JoAnns.  Everything you need is cut out in a little bag and you just glue it all together.  Perfect.



 
So Jacob and Gavin put on a little puppet show for me.
 Then they realized that our loft upstairs was the perfect setting for a puppet show.  At first, Casey didn't get that he was supposed to hide so we could only see his puppet.  ;)
 Then he figured it out!
 Standing up to take a bow!
 I knew our loft would have a good purpose one day!

No comments: