Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The sweetest little prayer

Casey said his first little prayer tonight.  All by himself.  I thought my heart was going to melt all over the floor.  It was seriously the sweetest thing ever.  These are the moments when I feel like the luckiest person in the world... just to be a mommy.

Typically, I start off by saying, "Thank you God..."  and he fills in by yelling, "Motorcycle!  Airplane!  Helicopter!  Stars!"  Then I repeat each word he thinks of and we say Amen together.

Tonight though, he looked right at me and said, "I say thank you to God mommy."  And in the cutest, sweetest, three-year old little voice, he confidently said, "Thank you God for helicopters.  Thank you God for airplanes.  Thank you God for motorcycles.  Thank you God for Jakey and Gavin.  Thank you God for mommy spank.  (At least I think that's what he said, which totally cracked me up.  I hardly ever spank him, but I guess he is thankful for discipline?  Haha!)  Thank you God for eating lunch.  Thank you God for...

At one point, I asked him if he was all done and he said no.  He wanted to say thank you to God again.  I pretty much wanted to live in this moment forever so I was more than happy to listen as he repeated his list again.  It was funny to hear him go from yelling the words as he has done for so many nights to just softly speaking in sentences.  I can only imagine how sweet the sound of little children praying must be to God!  Because to me, it is the sweetest sound in the world.

Matthew 18:3  And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: