Monday, September 26, 2011

A Day at the Fair!

 Jacob was so excited to do the fair with his grammy and cousin Maddie this year!  I think I mentioned in my post last spring that Jacob was getting a little too big for those kiddie rides... so this year he was brave enough to try the BIG roller coaster with his cousin!
 Compared to the Screamin' roller coaster that Adam convinced him to try in California Adventure, this probably seemed like a piece of cake.  ;)

 Nonetheless, I was super proud of him.
 Then my sister's husband took Maddie and Jacob to play some games while my mom and I took Gavin and Casey on some rides.  Gavin was SUPER concerned that Jacob wasn't going on these rides anymore and was VERY picky about which ones he chose.  In fact, I realized that the only rides he would go on were the exact ones that Jacob went on last spring.  I think he was worried that he was getting too big also... but if Jacob went on them last spring, then he could go on them too.
 So he willingly accompanied Casey on the canoe...

 ...and agreed to help him steer those little cars. 

 Casey could barely see over the wheel!  So cute!

  He let Casey ride the helicopter on his own though.  :)



 And the airplane...

 And the motorcycles...  (so basically, Casey got to go on a lot more rides!)

 Daddy would be so proud.  ;)
 Then Gavin finally agreed to go on the little roller coaster!  (I also took Maddie, Jacob, and Gavin on the super slide but I couldn't get pics of that.)



 Then we headed over to get spray tattoos




 Petting the animals!  Look at all those hands!



 Going to town on that turkey leg!
We were heading toward the tractor pull when we found this super fun circus show!  Instead of circus de soleil, they described themselves as "circus do okay".  So funny!  
 Jacob is in awe of juggling, so he couldn't believe this guy was juggling fire!
  They did all sorts of fun tricks!

 The boys loved it!
 Unicycling and juggling fire on a tightrope!
 Acrobatics
 And the grand finale!
 This guy was up SOOO high!  I think he said 80 feet!
Such a fun, memorable day!  
Jacob even set up lunch for the little plush toys he won at the fair.  ;)

No comments: