Friday, September 16, 2011

Status update...

  • I'm slowly adjusting to our very different routine this year!  Last year, (after getting Jacob on the bus) I was driving Gavin to and from preschool three times a week, volunteering in Jacob's classroom, taking Casey to Little Gym, driving Gavin to speech... pretty much constantly busy!  This year, all I have to do is get Jacob and Gavin on the bus.  Instead of running straight to the car to get to preschool on-time... Casey and I come inside, make some coffee, get some chores accomplished, and just hang out.  Eventually, I am going to try to make Zumba a few times each week, sign Casey up for a class or two, and go to MOPS.  For now though, I am appreciating the one-on-one time that is SO rare with my littlest guy. 
  • Not to say that I don't miss my older two boys while they are at school, because they both have a huge part of my heart while they are away!  As much as Casey loves having me all to himself, I can tell he really misses his big brothers too.  :)  I am slowly getting used to two different school schedules, folders, library days, homework patterns...  Oh, how am I going to organize all of this when I have four kids??
  •  We are still waiting on dates from Russia.  Although I was thankful to be home with the boys for their first day of school, I am a little disheartened that we haven't left for our first trip yet.   It seems so sad to me that this little girl has a family ready to bring her home... yet here we are... waiting.  Two and a half months have gone by since we received our referral.  I can't believe our little girl is already ten months old!  Our adoption agency is trying to contact the orphanage director and see if they can find out any more information for us.  Until then, we pray... and wait some more.
  • Blogs like this are so so inspiring, but leave me feeling a little apprehensive about our future.  I feel so blessed that we are able to adopt, so blessed that we can give this little girl a home and a family, so blessed to say there will soon be 147 million orphans MINUS ONE.  I know there will be challenging times ahead though.  Oh, what my life will be like one year from now... after the airport.

    1 comment:

    Wendi said...

    You are awesome!!! You will rock having four kids : )