Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Speaking of...


Oh my sweet little Casey... except there are days when he isn't so sweet.  There are days when he is crying and fighting me the entire way.  Days when I have to drag him out of the grocery store.  Days when he hardly leaves me alone long enough to take a shower.  I happen to have a terrible memory so I can't remember if Jacob and Gavin were this challenging when they were toddlers.  So I'm writing this as a reminder... just in case our little girl has some terrible two-ness of her own.  In case I wonder someday, was Casey this high maintenance when he was her age?  The answer is YES.  Yes, he was.


Oh, the cuteness though!  All Casey has to do is tilt his head sideways and give me that big cheesy grin and I get all wrapped up in his cuteness.  He says the cutest things.  He does the cutest things.  Yet, there are times when he completely drains me, especially since he stopped napping.  That little mid-day break was much needed and now I am officially on mommy duty the entire day.  And let me tell you, Casey wants to be with me every second of every day.

Speaking of every second every day, normally my kiddos would start preschool this year,  However, since Casey's birthday is August 22nd, (and with all that first grade teacher experience in me ;), I'm pretty sure that we will wait until he is 6 to start school.  I just don't feel like three years of preschool is necessary and it just so happens that we haven't even started potty training... so here we are at home!  With all the traveling we will be doing, it's definitely a great year to take a break from preschool. 

Speaking of potty training, I would usually be diving into those waters by now.  We waited until Jacob and Gavin turned three to be sure they were ready, and it worked like a charm.  However, as soon as Casey turned three, we thought we would be traveling to Russia any day.  We didn't want to start potty training and leave him in the hands of our parents (so thoughtful and considerate, right? ;)... so we waited.   Now we've waited so long that we probably could have had him potty trained!  All in all though, I think it will be better if we wait, lest he revert back to diaperhood each time we leave the country.

Speaking of Russia, we still don't have our first travel dates.  :(  Our adoption agency casually mentioned that they still think we will have our daughter home by December.  I can't seem to wrap my head around making three trips to Russia between now and December... I'm not even convinced that it's possible!  I am trusting that everything will be in God's timing.  Although I haven't yet come to terms that she is nearly eleven months old because all I have is her adorable seven month picture in my head.  So I think I will be in shock when I see how much she's grown.  On a side note, I have been reading lots and lots of blogs and sadly, many of them are losing referral after referral.  So I just feel blessed that so far, we still have the same little girl to bring home!

No comments: