Monday, December 17, 2007

A proud moment


I had one of my proudest moments as a mom tonight. There's just something about your first child and their first Christmas program. Sure I've seen more Christmas programs than I can count and they're pretty darn cute everytime. But when it's YOUR kid up there... it's a whole new world. My heart was melting over him. I just wanted to say to anyone who would listen, "See him? That's my son up there. Isn't he so cute?!"

Unfortunately, I didn't realize you have to get to the Christmas program at least an hour early to get a good seat. Seriously? I was there 30 minutes early and thought I would be in the front row. No such luck. Everyone was draping their coats and purses across entire rows to save seats. It was crazy.

Luckily, my videocamera zooms in really far and I had a perfect shot of Jacob. He was so proud that his cousin Maddie was there to watch him so as soon as he got on stage, his arms were waving madly. "HI MADDIE! MAAA-DDDDIIIEEE! HI MADDIE!" The funniest part was that he couldn't see us, so he was actually waving at a random girl that he thought was Maddie.

As soon as the songs began, Jacob was ready with his singing voice and arm motions. Three year-olds are so funny! One was singing SO LOUD, one was a few words ahead, one a few words behind, one was spinning, they were all shaking their bells at different times. Pure cuteness. I loved every second and couldn't have been prouder to scoop Jakey from the stage and smother him with kisses when it was over. It was the first time I have ever watched him perform and I will always remember how sweet it was.




No comments: