Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas ~ Part I

Since Adam had to fly on Christmas Day this year, he wanted to have an early family Christmas together. We've never spent Christmas at our house, so it was fun to make up our own traditions as we went. After Jacob and Gavin came down the stairs, we immediately discovered a huge difference in the way they opened their presents. Jacob tears through each one, hardly even looking to see what it is before sprinting to the next one. Gavin carefully opens each present, wants us to get the object free from all of the plastic and twisted wires, and becomes immersed in playing with his new toy. We could hardly tear him away to open another one!

The sweetest part was how concerned Jacob was with Mommy and Daddy getting presents too. He noticed our empty stockings and started filling them with his already opened stocking stuffers. Then, he ran upstairs shouting, "Mommy! I have a present for you!" And he would come downstairs with a Christmas bag filled with random things he found while he was up there. You should've seen the look of pride on his face as I opened my "present". Like I said before, I'm learning so much about Christmas with a four-year old. The lesson I learned is that Jacob would like to pick out a present for Mommy and Daddy too. Oh, and that Gavin's favorite toy of all was a $1 slinky.

No comments: