Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Cheetos Theory


So here is a funny story about being pregnant and craving Cheetos. With my first two pregnancies, I was very fortunate to make it through the nine months without morning sickness, swollen ankles, or any of the other miserable things many woman experience. I only had one aversion... teriyaki. Eating, smelling, and even talking about teriyaki was enough to make me nauseous. There was also my one and only craving... Cheetos.

This wasn't just any craving. I wanted Cheetos morning and night, all. day. long. Nothing tasted better and I had a bag available to me at all times. So with this pregnancy, I kept waiting for the Cheetos craving to kick in. The craziest thing was that it never happened. I'd never been pregnant without a bag of Cheetos by my side. It was a strange feeling. I also can eat teriyaki without any nauseous feelings whatsoever. My weakness this time around? Dessert. It's not should we have dessert tonight, it's what are we having for dessert tonight. So bad. I'm sure I'll kick myself HARD when I'm trying to get the baby weight off. ;)

So the funny part of this story was that my friend Holly (who is due three weeks after me) went over to her pregnant friend's house the other day. Her friend had a bag of Cheetos that she couldn't eat fast enough. She kept offering them to Holly, in complete disbelief that Holly wasn't craving them like she was. She found out a few weeks later that she was having a boy and Holly found out that she was having a girl. How crazy is that? I guess we'll have to wait until our baby is born to validate this Cheetos theory. :)

By the way, there might just be a teriyaki theory too. I have a friend who can't stand even the thought of it, but she doesn't know if she's having a boy or a girl yet.

Here are some pictures of me at twenty-eight weeks!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute pregger! :o)Can't wait to know more about this Cheetos theory. Almost time...