Saturday, June 14, 2008

My big 3-0

I'm sorry for being not so good about keeping up with my blog lately. This month has been so busy, it's ridiculous. Here are some of the ups and downs our family has been through in the last two weeks.

*Moving my classroom... again :)
*Hiring a new job share partner for next year
*Attending the funeral of my grandmother and shortly afterward, Adam's grandmother
*Last, but not least, celebrating my 30th birthday yesterday

I was with my first graders for most of my birthday, but we had a great time last night. Adam picked up my car as a surprise while I was at school and had it professionally detailed. Wow, what a difference! I could not have been more excited about having a super clean car (without having to clean it myself ;) We went to the Melting Pot with some friends and got to choose three different types of cheese and chocolate. That in itself was really fun because we always have a hard time choosing just one. After that, we headed to the comedy club. Jeff Dye was the headliner, he is actually on this season's Last Comic Standing! I was laughing so hard that I thought I might go in labor! A little early for that though... maybe we'll try again in August. ;)

I'm not so sure how I feel about turning 30 honestly. It doesn't seem real yet, I guess. Adam keeps giving me a hard time, even though he is 35. I think he's glad that I'm finally in the same club as him. He kept saying things like, "Wow... I've never kissed a 30 year old before." And I kept smacking him in the arm. He's gonna get it when he turns 40 for sure. ;)

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! Wish I could have gone to The Melting Pot, too.