Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jacob's latest thoughts...

Jacob has been saying some very cute 4-year old things lately, so I thought I'd capture some of them in my blog.

#1 ~ He always says about instead of because.

J: My leg hurts mommy.
M: How come?
J: About I ate too much food!

J: I'm sad mommy.
M: Why are you sad?
J: About I can't find my stickers.

#2 ~ When Adam's grandma passed away, we were talking to Jacob about heaven.

D: Great-grandma is up in heaven now with Jesus.
J: Where is heaven?
D: Way up in the sky.
J: (Looking confused) She's gonna need a lot of balloons to get up there!
D: Laughing... she doesn't need balloons.
J: Ohhhhh. A kite?
D. No. God is so big, he takes her up to heaven all by himself!

Adam was flying his model airplane a few days ago and it was so high, all you could see was a tiny speck. He asked if Jacob could see it and he said, "I see it! Daddy, is your airplane in heaven?!"

#3 ~ When Adam is on a flight, Jacob always sets a place for him anyway at dinner. He says, "I'm saving this for Daddy. When he comes home."

The other day, we were on a walk and Jacob picked a flower with a long stem. He looked at it thoughtfully and said, "This flower is for Daddy because he has been gone a LONG time."

#4 ~ Jacob has throw-away Buzz Lightyear flossers, where you hold onto the tab and the floss is ready for you. There happened to be a red one on his bedroom floor that Sy was chewing on. Later that night, Jacob tried to pick it up.

D: No Jacob. That was in Sy's mouth, so it's dirty now.
J: Looking astonished at the flosser... THAT'S SY'S MOUTH?!
D: No, it was in Sy's mouth.

It wasn't until later that I realized Jacob thought the flosser was Sy's tongue (that apparently had fallen out of his mouth). I found this out when I tried to pick it up.

J: MOMMY NO! THAT'S SY'S MOUTH! DON'T PICK THAT UP!
K: Jacob, it was just in Sy's mouth. It's not his actual mouth.
J: (Completely hysterical.) MOMMY PUT SY'S MOUTH DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!

So I had to turn on the light and show him that it was his Buzz Lightyear flosser, not Sy's mouth. He still didn't seem too convinced. :)

#5 ~ Jacob saw a picture on the refrigerator of the little girl we sponsor through Compassion. Adam was explaining to him that some kids don't have any money, so we help them.

J: What kids have no shirt?
D: Some kids don't have food to eat or shirts to wear.
J: I will help them Daddy! (Goes to get his piggy bank)
J: Who else has no shirt? I will help them too. Then they will be so happy.
J: Who doesn't have toys?
D: A lot of kids don't have toys, Jakey.
J: That's OK. I'll help them! (Goes in his playroom to get some toys)
J: Who doesn't have a bed?
D: Some kids have to sleep on the ground because they don't have a bed.
J: It's OK. I'll share my bed with them Daddy!

This conversation went on and on. It was so sweet though to see this little giving heart he has at age 4. That he would give up his money, toys, and bed to help someone else his age. I guess that's why Jesus said we should have a heart like a child. :)

No comments: