Saturday, June 28, 2008

My surprise birthday party



I've been wanting to post about this for awhile, but was waiting for the pictures from my friend. So... here they are! Pictures from my "surprise" 30th birthday party. And let me tell you, I've never been more surprised in my life! One of my dearest friends in the world had been secretly planning all of the details for months. Adam gave her all of my friend's numbers from my cell phone, she set the date, and almost everyone was able to come!

The plan went more smoothly than ever thought possible. Wendi told me that our small group was planning to go out for dinner on June 7th, and that we would all meet up at one of the couple's house. Adam was perfectly nonchalant about the whole thing, asking me if we were supposed to dress up, letting me bring over food for the kids (even though there would be tons of food there), and discussing who would ride in our car to the restaurant. I did notice that he drove a different way than usual (because he didn't want me to notice any familiar cars), but I didn't think anything of it.

After going inside, I immediately went to hug someone from my group (she was in a different area than everyone else). When I turned around, all of my closest family and friends were crowded in the living room shouting, "SURPRISE!" It was crazy unexpected. I've never been thrown a surprise party before and couldn't believe how many people were there! There were pictures of me on display and my mom put together a photo book of my entire life, from baby pictures to bad perms to swimming to proms to dating Adam to Jacob and Gavin. It was a little overwhelming being the center of it all, but nothing could mean more. What a blessing to see almost everyone who has had an impact on my life and helped make me who I am today.

Wendi, my super organized friend who planned the whole thing ;)
My sister-in-law, Marlys, who is due three weeks before me. Our previous pregnancies were three weeks apart as well... how crazy is that?!
My friend Holly, who is due three weeks after me.
My friend and job share partner last year, Laura (also pregnant). It's contagious!
My sister, who knows me better than anyone... nobody can make me laugh the way she does.
Our mom, who raised us with Christian values and so much love.
My friend Kelli... I met her in third grade and we've been friends ever since.
My dad, who Jacob and I get a lot of our features and mannerisms from. :)
My good friend Laurina, who took these pictures for me.
My amazing husband, who I couldn't imagine life without.

Here we are, our soon to be family of five!
OK, so the singing "Happy Birthday" part is a little embarrassing.
Thank you everyone for helping me celebrate my 30th. You're the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so even though I planned it and worked so hard to be sure you had no idea, I was still surprise myself at just how surprised you were! Although I thought I might throw up with anticipation when the thought crossed my mind just before you came in that we might throw you into labor or something! So glad it was such a blast! Yeah!! LOVE YOU!!!!
Wendi

Tylertopia said...

Very niiice!! I'm happy your party was so much fun and such a huge surprise...we were SOOOO bummed to have been out of town that day and unable to make it back in time to join in this special celebration. Love the photos! :o)

Organized Chaos said...

I even knew about it! Glad you were surprised. Wendi tried really hard to coordinate having me come into town and surprise you. I would have loved to be a part of your special night but since we're moving this summer and there have been a lot of unknowns regarding our schedule I couldn't commit to the trip. Bummer!

I can't believe you're only 30! My friends in WA were all so young! :)

Glad you didn't go into a surprised induced labor!