Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Movin' on up!

Jacob had his preschool graduation this morning. They had an assignment to decorate a paper bag, cut it into a vest, and they would wear it in a fashion show on the last day. The theme this year was "Reach for the Stars." Here are some pictures of the "vest" Jacob and I created. Thankfully, as a teacher, I had access our die-cut machine. So I took full advantage of that... ;)


Parents were also asked to write about their child's vest on a notecard. It would then be read when it was their turn on stage. This is what our notecard said:

Jacob,

We couldn't be more proud of you and the sweet, curious little boy you have become. You bless us everyday with your smiles and laughter. You truly are "our world" and we thank God that you are in our life.

Mommy, Daddy, and Gavin

After the fashion show, the kids sang three songs and we watched a slideshow of their year together. Since there were only nine kids (7 boys and 2 girls) in their class, there were a lot of pictures of Jacob... so that was fun.

Adam made a comment afterward that I went a little crazy with the camera and videocamera, at times going simultaneously. The truth is, I can't help it. He's my first child to experience all of these new things and I'm just such a proud mommy.



Oh, and remember Jacob's preschool crush, Kelsey Ann? That's her in the green shirt. ;)

1 comment:

Tylertopia said...

Love the vest, the letter you wrote him and your creativity! Jacob, we are proud of you too buddy!! :o) Ayden has his class "graduation" on Friday. I'm praying that I won't cry....