Monday, August 18, 2008

Now THAT'S bad timing...

So plans have changed a little. There's no playing or nesting happening right now because mommy is sick. I caught this horrible cold somehow and feel absolutely miserable. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic for me, but it hasn't seemed to kick in yet. So here I am, lying on the couch, without energy to do anything. Wait a second, isn't that what I'm supposed to be doing next week?!

Thankfully, I am married to super dad. He is taking care of the boys and taking care of me so I can get better. All of the household chores are slowly piling up, but he's even trying to work on that a little. ;)

I'm just concentrating on getting better so my C-section isn't delayed. And reminding myself that everything I had planned to do just isn't a priority right now. Thankfully, the rain today was a huge blessing. I was telling Adam that being 38 weeks pregnant, in 95 degree weather (without air conditioning), and totally sick all at the same time is not the best combination. Each of those situations on their own is misery enough for anyone! Hopefully, I will feel better in the next few days and my C-section was take place as planned.

Here is something cute that happened at bedtime though. Gavin was singing and Jacob couldn't sleep with all the singing, so I went upstairs to check on them.

Gavin: I singing A,B,C,D, Mommy. A-B-C-D-E-F-G!
Jacob: I can't sleep Mommy. What can I think about?
Mommy: Do you want to think about swimming? Or playing with Kailey?
Gavin: Think 'bout moorcycle rides... think 'bout go in the woods... think 'bout baby in mommy tummy...

Wow, I had no idea Gavin could be so helpful!

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Awww, Kerri I hope you get over the sickness quickly. NOT fun at all. I am glad the weather has cooled down a bit and you can have at least a tiny bit of comfort for now. How sweet that Gavin tries to help by helping his big brother! What a cutie! :o)

Organized Chaos said...

Hope you feel better quickly. If it makes you feel any better I would love to be sick on the couch right now (I would love to have a couch right now!) and watching TV while Brad took care of the girls! I guess we always want what we don't have.