Saturday, August 16, 2008

Playing a little, nesting a little

...That sums up what we've been doing the last few days before our baby is born. We are down to SIX by the way, it's so hard to believe! Although I definitely have that "I'm done being pregnant" feeling (especially in the heat ;), now it seems like our exciting day is coming up too fast. We can't wait, but the unknown of what our life will be like is a little scary at the same time...

I've been trying to organize and clean a section of the house each day and even convinced Adam to clean the garage! That would usually take me months to do, so he must be sympathy nesting. ;) He also decided to take on the big project of installing a sprinkler system, so hopefully he can get that done before the baby is born. It's been a big learning experience and I'm not sure if he would ever do it again, but it will be nice not to have to drag the sprinkler around our yard. Since he already had a project to do, I put this bookshelf together all by myself! Impressive, huh?

Our family has been trying to play as much as we can as well. We went to the Pierce County fair last weekend and had a good time. I'm really hoping to be able to make it to the Puyallup fair once the baby is born... but just in case we're not up for it, we ate some scones and went on rides here. :) The highlight of my time there was at the firefighter booth. Jacob got to spin a giant wheel, but he had to answer a safety question before getting his toy. The firefighter asked, "Who should you call if someone in your house needs help or if your house is on fire?" I was super proud when he said 9-1-1. If there's something you want your child to know, it's that. (I honestly thought he would say grammy or something :)



We also had the opportunity to go boating last night with our neighbors. Being 38 weeks pregnant, I couldn't think of a more perfect place to be when it's hot outside. Jacob and Gavin are huge boating fans and we would love to get a boat someday soon. They were a little hesitant to go on the innertube with Daddy, but I lifted them over the edge into his arms anyway. I knew once they were being pulled on the tube they would love it, and they did. Except Gavin and Daddy fell into the lake when the boat stopped so that scared him a little. ;) He's our fearless one though, so I would much rather have it happen to him than Jacob.

So now in our remaining six days, we are hoping to finish the sprinkler system, clean the house, and play just a little bit more together. And I can honestly say, for the first time in my life, I'm glad it's supposed to rain a little this week!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I can't believe the time has already come! I'll be thinking of you this week and anxious to hear your news!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! So excited for you guys and will be praying for a smooth delivery and as much comfort as possible. :o) Can't wait to hear the big news!!