Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sixteen Candles (x2)


32. I have now officially been driving as long as I haven't been driving. Weird. :) My sweet sixteen definitely doesn't feel like sixteen years ago!

I did have a good birthday though. My mom came down to watch Casey so we could go to the waterslides with Jacob and Gavin. It was a gorgeous day, there were hardly any lines, and Gavin was just over 42 inches so we could go on all of the slides and rides together. SO fun.

For the first time, I caught a glimpse of the good things about my boys getting older. There were no blow outs, tantrums, taking turns with the baby, or finding a good spot to nurse... As much as I want to soak in my sweet boys while they are little, I got a taste of the many fun days and good times that are ahead of us.

We had a good system going for the waterslides. I would go down first, followed by Gavin and Jacob (so I could make sure they made it to the edge safely), and Adam would go last (so he could make sure they didn't get scared and actually went down the waterslide). The only problem was that Gavin would go down so slowly, Adam caught up to him everytime! So he would just scoop him up when he was going by and they crashed into the water together. One time, he caught up to Jacob and Gavin and had them both in his arms when he came sliding down. It was pretty funny! I loved watching my boys having fun... and I loved having fun with them!

My mom came to our house with a car full of flowers to plant in my garden for my birthday. I definitely did not inherit her green thumb, so I am super grateful for any help she is willing to give me. :) She spent all evening planting flowers, played with Casey the next day while we were at the waterslides, spent the night with all three boys so Adam and I could go out, and had dinner and cake ready for us when we came back the next day! I was in awe of everything she did to make my birthday special. I was also in awe of how much my husband went out of his way to make me feel loved. I'm a lucky girl!

Adam put some trick candles on the cake so the boys and I had fun blowing them out over and over and over. Little Casey especially couldn't stop cracking up!!


It feels strange not to have any pictures of our day at Wild Waves, but for once, it was really nice to just be in the middle of laughing and playing instead of always behind the camera. ;)

1 comment:

Heather Mattos said...

Happy 16th again:) Glad you had such a fun day with your family because you deserve it. We should get together soon. I saw Heidi again today and told her that we should all plan a get together.