Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread houses and Christmas cookies...

This mommy doesn't bake all too often, so my boys are always really involved and excited when I do!  Casey has gotten to the point where he runs to the counter yelling, "Cookie!" whenever I get out the mixer. 
Costco's gingerbread house package worked out perfectly for my boys.  There was a gingerbread man for Casey to decorate,
 a Christmas tree for Gavin to decorate,
and a house for Jacob to decorate! 
 Plus... the gingerbread house comes already put together, which is definitely a bonus!

Yesterday, we made cookies with my mom.  I have the best memories of this when I was a little girl, so I loved every moment of watching my boys help.
 Making Christmas cookies is so much fun!

 Casey was napping while we baked the cookies, so he was pleasantly surprised when he woke up.
Gavin really likes art and crafts, so he absolutely looooved decorating the cookies.

 This is known as the Wheeler tongue.  :)  My grandpa was known for sticking out his tongue when he was working extra hard (and my mom too)!   So far, Gavin is our only boy who has inherited it.
 Mmmmmm...

 Casey wanted NOTHING to do with the frosting.  He was totally content with holding his airplane cookies and watching everyone else.  He did really want to put sprinkles on his cookie however... and he was really confused why the sprinkles wouldn't stick without frosting.  ;)
 Our finished products!

No comments: