Monday, December 06, 2010

The Polar Express

I have always thought the Polar Express was a cute movie, so when my friend asked if I wanted to take our boys on the Polar Express train, I was really excited!  My plan was to take Jacob and Gavin (since Casey has a pretty difficult time sitting still and I would be on my own).  However, Gavin ended up getting sick the day before.  :(  I always appreciate individual time with my boys, but Gavin was really excited about it so I truly felt horrible that he wasn't able to go.  

We watched the movie several times the week before, so Jacob was really familiar with the story line.  
 All aboard!
 Settling in with his special ticket...

My friend and I with our boys!
Oh, how I love this girl!
 Getting his ticket punched,
 The elves brought by hot chocolate and cookies,
 The Polar Express story was read,
We spent some time gazing out the window,
There were some really gorgeous views!

 After about 45 minutes, we made it to the North Pole.  We ran to the back of the train just in time to see the engine get re-attached to the back.
 Santa's village...
 Can you see him in the window?
 Santa walked out of his house and came on board to personally give each child their special sleigh bell.

 I can hear it mom!




No comments: