Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jacob's big day!

A few months ago, Jacob decided that he really wanted to go to the Rainforest Cafe and ice skating for his birthday.  I told him that sounded fun, but he would only be able to invite his cousins and one friend because it was so far away.  He immediately agreed, probably because his cousins are his favorite friends... and he just really wanted a volcano cake.  ;)
Our table was set up right in front of the waterfall, so it was a gorgeous setting.
 Plus crayons, balloons, and safari hats... what more could you ask for?

  Maddie sure knows how to make Gavin laugh!
 Casey had this look on his face for the majority of the afternoon... especially during the thunderstorms.
 Do I get to bring this plate home mommy?
 Jacob opened his presents while they waited for their kids meals.


 Daddy showing Jacob a photo book that mommy had made of each of his birthdays.
 The volcano cake!!!
 You can't really blow out a sparkler though...
There we go!
 CHEESE!
My mom always tells me that we never take family pictures, so this one's for you mom!  :)
From there, we headed to Bellevue for some outdoor ice skating. 

 My boys started off on the wall...
 ...but it wasn't long before Jacob got the hang of it and was chasing his cousin on the ice!  
WHOA!
My sister and my nephew
These two have been buddies since they were babies!
                                        
 Me and my sweet birthday boy.
 Casey even braved the ice in the littlest size they carried!  
 He and Gavin liked hanging out in the middle of the rink with Daddy.

 We decided to hang out in Bellevue and experience Snowflake Lane.  My boys loved the falling snow, Christmas carols, and drummers keeping the beat all around us.   It was truly magical and their smiles portrayed how happy and excited they were.
 I can never get a picture with smiles from both of my boys!  Amazing!
 This restaurant had make your own pizzas.  A simple concept, yet my boys thought it was the coolest thing ever!  Spread the sauce...
 Add some cheese...
 and pepperoni to perfection!
For how many kids there were, how many activities we did, and how OFF our schedule was... everyone did amazing.  In fact, I loved everything about this day.  It was my favorite Jacob birthday yet.  I think it was his too.  :)

No comments: