Friday, June 03, 2011

One Less

I first heard this song at Creation last summer and remember thinking how powerful and inspiring it was. This was before we even knew we would be adopting.  Now, it has a whole new meaning and gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.


I got to meet Matthew West in person a few months ago.  My friend won two backstage tickets to meet him and asked me (or I might have begged ;) to go with her!  Not only did I get to shake his hand, but I got to hear One Less and many other amazing songs... live.  Such an unforgettable night.


Here is Matthew West's story behind the song.  (Also gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.  ;)

When you think about the fact that there are 147 million orphans in this world, adopting one doesn't seem like much.

But it's one less.

James 1:27  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


No comments: