Friday, October 19, 2012

Things they say that I never want to forget!

Jacob - Jacob: Mom, four kids is a lot of work. I think I'll just have two. Did you want four kids?
Me: Actually, we didn't think we would have four. But when we found out how many kids are in orphanages because their mommy and daddy couldn't take care of them, we decided to adopt Ella... so she could have a family too.
Jacob: Oh. I love Ella so much. I want to adopt someday too, mommy!


He always says to me after we pray, "Good night my love!"

One night when I was making dinner, he said, "Mommy, you take such good care of us.  You must love us so much.  Thank you for making dinner and working so hard."

Jacob always says, "This was the BEST DAY EVER!  Actually, my three best days were the day I went to Legoland, the day I won rings, and the day I won gum."

"When I grow up, people will call me Dr. Jacob."

Me:  Daddy had to take a test today.  
Jacob:  An AR test?  
Me:  No, a flying test.  
Jacob:  Does he get a free dinner?  
Adam:  No, I get to keep my job.  :)


Gavin -  He needed a rubber band for a craft he was making and said, "Mom, can you put a sling shot on this?"  Me:  "You mean a rubber band??"

The boys were talking about getting married someday and Gavin said, "I will play rock, paper, scissors to pick a wife... and then I will let my wife pick all the names of our babies."

"Mommy, what do I have to do to be on a dollar bill?  Be good for ten days?  Do a really cool trick?"

He came home with bath salts from school for Mother's Day.  As he handed them to me, he said, "What are these mommy?"  I said that they were bath salts.  He said, "Ohhhh!  That's why they tasted so good!"

When I ask Gavin why, he says, "B'cause, b'cause."

Gavin had just lost his tooth and there was still a little blood... so when he bit into a banana (that I told him was perfect), there was a red dot in the middle.  He pointed and said, "See?  Blood.  I told ya this wasn't the perfect banana."


Casey - "Momma, I want to kiss you on the cheek because I love you SO MUCH!"
"I love it when you're huggin' me."
"Come snuggle on the couch with me.  You're so warm and comfy!"
"My heart loves YOU mama!"

I was telling Casey that it was going to be his special day on the first day of preschool.  He answered, "Mommy, I already had my special day when you took me to Thomas!"

As we're picking out a shirt for preschool one day, "Is this my new preschool shirt?  The one that got too small for Jacob and now it's just my size??"

We were driving in the car one day when Casey said, "How do you spell ass?"  (It really sounded like he said it anyway!)  Gavin:  "Casey, ass is not a word.  Do you mean Ash, like in Pokeman?"  Casey:  "No, I mean ass."  Gavin:  "Ass is NOT a word."  I was totally cracking up at the innocence of it all!

Mommy, God says you don't sleep in heaven.  He doesn't have any beds or sleeping bags.  I will bring my sleeping bag to heaven... and my monster truck.  You can take an airplane to heaven.  Jesus will lift up the wall and Jesus walks with you to God.  Jesus has strong muscles!

Casey started saying, "Pretty PRETTY please?" when he wants something.  He also sings the word "Okaaaaay" in the cutest way!

Whenever I change Ella's diaper, he always runs upstairs to watch for some reason.  Then he always comments with, "Ooooo you are a stinky, stinky girl!  You went poo-poo in your diaper.  STINK-Y girl!  You need a new diaper!"

Casey says sink instead of think.  When I say, "Do you want a peach or a pear?"  Casey will say, "I sink... peach!"

Casey:  Mommy, who made that mountain? 
Me:  God.
Casey:  God AND Jesus.  Jesus helped.  He came down from the clouds and made that mountain.

"I spelled C-A-S-E-Y!"

I told Casey that I had a sun burn and he said, "Don't touch the sun mommy!  You must have reached and reached and reached to get the sun!!"

Casey:  Mommy, what are you doing??!?
Me:  (Going out to mow the lawn, thinking it will actually be a break ;)
Casey:  No mommy!  Only daddies mow the lawns!!
Me:  (Grabbing my shoes)
Casey:  (practically in tears) Mommy, put the shoes down!  Daddy has to do it!
Me:  Buddy, it's okay... mommy knows how to mow the lawn too.
Casey:  (Reaching up to hug me)  No mommy, I have to take care of you!
(Ummm, apparently we've already set gender roles in this family?  ;)

"Mommy, I haven't had McDonald's yet today."  (I promise, I rarely take them to McDonald's!)

He gives a deep sigh after dinner and says, "I'm just all done eating.  I'm so tired of eating."

Whenever I ask Casey a question and he doesn't know, he shrugs and says, "I can't know."

"Daddy, are you going to work today.  I'm out of work."

"Mommy, I don't want to get married again."

"I don't want Ella to get bigger.  She's gonna stomp us."


1 comment:

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

That was great! Your boys sound precious!!! :-) My daughter also pronounces the SH sound with S, so I know exactly what you mean. Our dog's name was Ash when she was little and still with her mama. So we heard "Ass" quite a lot back then. Lol. Kids are so stinkin' cute!