Thursday, November 08, 2012

Halloween!

Ella and Casey got to trick-or-treat at the YMCA a few days early while their big brothers were in school!

This is the third year that Gavin has been on the YMCA fliers and now Casey is wearing the same pirate costume!  So funny and cute!
 I have these same mirror pictures of Ella in the orphanage!  In fact, every time the boys see them, they say, "Look!  There are two Ella's!"

 At first Ella was in my arms, clinging to me.  When she got her first piece of candy, her eyes absolutely LIT up and she held onto that piece of candy with all of her might!  Then she got another candy... and another... and before you know it, she was happily toddling after her big brother to each station.  Each time someone dropped a candy in her bucket, she would gasp in awe and delight!  
 Oh, how I loved watching her first experience trick-or-treating!


Gavin cracked me up with how happy he was about his Sonic costume.  Seriously, every time he put it on, he was absolutely GRINNING from ear to ear.  I've never seen him so happy to pose for the camera... every time with his hand on his hip and thumb up!  It made me so happy to see him so happy.

Jacob and Gavin got to go to their school harvest festival later that night.  Jacob was so excited to meet up with his friend Ean!
Our neighbor gave Ella these glow in the dark skeleton jammies.  So cute!  The boys loved watching Ella run around in a dark room... it entertained them all night!

Our four kiddos on Halloween night!
Gavin really wanted me to give him Sonic eyes.
Jacob and Kailey

My friend Wendi with Ella
And they're off!


The big girls were so sweet to stay behind and hold Ella's hands!

My little pirate!
At one point, he fell on the curb and started crying.  I picked him up and said, "Uh oh... should we be all done trick-or-treating?"  He immediately stopped and said, "No!  We can NEVER be done!"

Ella was such a trooper!  She walked almost the entire time... I was amazed at how she was able to keep up with the big kids!  She loved it.
How sweet is this picture of her patiently holding up her little treat bag??

Ella picking out a treat on the way home
Passing out candy to trick-or-treaters before bed!
What a fun Halloween!

No comments: