Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Learning new things everyday...

It's so much fun to watch Jacob grow through each cute stage of his life. Just when you think it doesn't get any better, it does. Then, when you're given the gift of a second child, you feel so blessed to be a part of those fun stages all over again. Sometimes, we think... I remember when Jacob did that! Sometimes we're amazed at how differently Gavin does things! I love looking back at Jacob's calendar and comparing what Jacob was doing and saying when he was Gavin's age.

Jacob is in the process of figuring out our crazy language still. He says things like, "Mommy, what tomorrow we do?" and "Daddy, I give my hippo to him." (Meaning mommy, but not understanding the difference between him and her yet.) I've recently noticed that Jacob almost always refers to himself in the first person instead of third person now. And he LOVES talking for Gavin. "Gavin says he wants this toy mommy." (Which, of course, is whatever toy he doesn't want.) "Gavin says he wants to go outside." (Even if he is nowhere near the door.) He is super sweet with his baby brother though and gives him lots of kisses and hugs... especially when he is crying, but really anytime. (He usually knocks him down in the process, so if Gavin is already crying, it's not the most comforting.) He offered Gavin some of his hamburger today at dinner, even though his highchair tray was already full. When Gavin was crying in his crib after I put him to bed, Jacob said, "Gavin needs his elephant to feel better" and carefully placed the stuffed elephant in his crib.

Another funny thing is that when we give Jacob a treat or snack, we ask him how many he wants. Not that we'll give him that many, but he usually only says two or three. He's caught on quickly though, because now he says ten or twenty. Smart guy ;) To which I say, "How about two or three?"

Jacob has suddenly decided he needs privacy when going potty. He'll say, "Please just leave me alone." or "Moommy, shut the dooor." A few days ago at the store, he ran out of the bathroom with Daddy saying, "Mommy! Mommy! I went potty on the 'air'inal! I get a donut!" Mommy just does not understand this whole boy potty training thing (especially the urinal) so she lets Daddy teach most of the technical aspects. Watch and learn is the key I guess... which he definitely needs Daddy for. :)

1 comment:

LDraper said...

Hi Kerri! Your blog is great!! The boys are getting so big...

As for my camera... I use a Nikon D50 (digital SLR). It is fantastic!
Say hi to Jacob for me! :)
Lindsey