Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh Happy Day!


I am a HUGE fan of sunshine... and since we haven't seen sunshine in a while around here, that makes me a HUGE fan of the last few days. This time of year is definitely my favorite. I love that it's almost 9:00 and still light outside. I love seeing the sun peek out to tease us that summer is almost here. I love the smell of barbecues. I love being on a boat doing any kind of watersport. I love how fun and full of excitement the end of the school year is.

I have a good friend who is from here, but lives in California now. It was a beautiful day and I was longing to be outside. She was saying how in Washington, we feel really guilty if it's sunny and we're not outside. Now that she lives in California and it's sunny EVERYDAY, she has to re-train her brain not to feel that way. Because she would never get anything done. ;) Somehow, I don't mind waiting all winter for the sunshine to come out again. Then, when it finally happens, my whole world brightens and life just feels happy. We never take the nice weather for granted here, that's for sure!

Jacob and I love to sit outside on a blanket, read books, and eat popsicles.
Gavin might join us for a few seconds before toddling away somewhere more interesting. :) I was telling Jacob that I needed to put sun tan lotion on him so the sun didn't burn his skin and give him an owie. Today I heard him saying, "And then the sun comes out and she PINCHES and I will cry." I guess that's another way of putting it!

No comments: