Tuesday, June 12, 2007

All by Myself

Jacob has been really focused on doing things all by himself lately. He'll be working on a puzzle and if I put one piece in for him, he'll say, "No mommy, I want to do it all by myself." Although he always wants the door shut or my eyes closed when he's going potty, he usually needs my help to put his pants back on. These pictures were taken when he wanted to do it all by himself. Hmmm... didn't get it quite right. :) He didn't seem to notice or care though!


Gavin is making his own independent strides. Not only can he respond by shaking his head no, now he can say "yeah" in response to questions we ask him. "Would you like a banana?" "Do you want some milk?" "Are you helping Daddy?" "Ready for your bath?" He answers all of these questions by saying "yeah" in a very matter-of-fact way. It actually sounds more like "eah". ;) Little steps to independence.

No comments: